Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Week 9: Uploader and exception handling

This week I dusted off my JavaScript knowledge to implement a new uploader. It has been years since I last touched the language, and I appreciated taking a look at it again now that I have more experience programming. I am still trying to remember how to appropriately style pages but it will come in time! Since users will be required to submit both a pdf form along with their data, I felt it was important to keep things simple for the user and make a drag and drop uploader that does the sorting and checking for you instead of having separate upload pages or entry boxes. The script will now sort through the files and manipulate them as needed. On top of all this, I have started the process of exception handling for all possible outcomes when using the uploader. This process can be challenging, but it feels very rewarding to know I am identifying all possible issues that may occur and supplying a procedure to deal with them appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment