Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Week 10: Front-end to back-end translation

As I have been getting reacquainted with HTML and JavaScript, I have had to pass information regarding file uploads to the PHP script that works with the database. Progress has been made but I have learned some ugly things about the nature of interacting with PHP along the way. Multi-file uploads are sent via POST as a bizarre 3-dimensional array with file information split into string-based indices. The last index is a number associated with the index of the file you are trying to access. It took me a while to realize that and finally figured it out after using a var_dump. PHP is a great language but it can be a bit wonky sometimes. The good news is that I have files uploading and posting from front-end to back-end, although accessing the file information I need is still underway. Hoping to have it done by next week, as we are close to the final steps for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment