Pages

Friday, October 9, 2020

Week 5: Steady progress

Not much to report this week except progess is still underway. The reduced form fields in the PDF means that code will have to fill in missing information based on the location selected by the user. The biggest struggle right now has been finding the appropriate PDF creation system, since not all of them operate the same. It is important that the PDF creator allows drop-down menus that are compatible with the parsing system. As of right now, the drop-down menu included in the current PDF is not visible to the parsing system, so I will likely have to resort to paid software such as Adobe Acrobat Pro to fix this. I have gotten better at working with SQL queries through PHP. It is quite powerful to request information from a large database instead of having it stored locally. I hope that in the future, I can lay groundwork for a system that will request infromation from the database and be used to create reports or generate charts. I will be working with Matt on goals for the system and other features that I can implement. Looking forward to the future of this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment