Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Week 11: Back to work

It's nice to be back. I hope that everyone is healthy, well rested, and ready to get back to work.

Although everything has transitioned to an online format, I am grateful that I can still work on some aspects of the database from home. I prefer to be around other people and in a lab environment since I do well with structure, but I have to adapt to the situation in order to move forward.

I am a bit stuck on my research project right now. I am very much a novice at writing abstracts with variable tables and don't know where to look for help. The variable table is the biggest problem, since I am not exactly altering any inputs to analyze output. Testing the device would require this, but the results of the project are based more on if an optical ozone sensor is sufficient for high-altitude ballooning or not, and whether or not it can be done within the given constraints.

ASCEND symposium is still happening, but it is voluntary and will be held through a web conference. I have been working on slides as well as the battery monitor/status indicator for the payload but we don't have the ability to assemble and test. According to my last phone call with ANSR, it appears that all the other colleges are in the same position. Nothing is set in stone but it is looking like we will have to carry out the launch in the Fall semester, separately from the next incoming ASCEND team. I am glad we will still get a launch but it will be some time until then.

Battery monitor (left breadboard) using the Arduino Uno as a programmer/power source.

Looking forward to seeing you all when this is over! Until then be safe and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment